Chestnut Hill College is a coeducational Roman Catholic college in the Chestnut Hill section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania within the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. The college was founded in 1924, as a women's college, by the Sisters of St. Joseph. It was originally named Mount Saint Joseph College. In 1980, the college established a coeducational graduate education program and started to admit male students to its undergraduate programs in 2003. As of 2012, a total of 2,318 students were enrolled in Chestnut Hill College's three constituent schools, with fewer than 900 as undergraduates.